If you have a question that is not answered on this page, please call us at 604-261-2752 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Q: Are all the gymnasts featured on your website Adagio Rhythmic Academy students?
A: All of the photos on our website feature Adagio Rhythmic Academy students past and present. Photo credit’s go to Daniel Palhegyi, Promovision, Ivivva, GraceClick, Mario Lam and John Arnold
Q: What makes Rhythmic Gymnastics special?
A: Rhythmic Gymnastics is a sport which borders on art. Rhythmic training gives it’s athletes the poise of a ballerina, the strength of a gymnast as well as the confidence gained by performing for an audience with the unique challenge of working with hand held apparatus. During her time training at Adagio Rhythmic Academy your daughter will gain strength, coordination and flexibility, learn acrobatics, develop a strong sense of rhythm and musicality, become familiar with various styles of dance, and become acquainted with the apparatus (rope, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon).
Q: What is the minimum age to enroll in classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy?
A: Classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy are for students aged 4.5-18. Our youngest gymnasts must turn 5 by December 31st of the current year to be able to enroll in classes. Adult and boys classes are not available at this time.
Q: How do I register for classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy?
A: Gymnasts aged 4.5-8 years may register for the “Rhythmic Inspiration” Programs either online or by calling 604.261.2752. All gymnasts aged 6 years and up who have prior experience in Rhythmic Gymnastics, Dance or Gymnastics may contact us for an assessment for placement within the Adagio Rhythmic Academy training programs prior to formal registration. A non-refundable Annual Registration Fee will be collected at the time of registration. This registration fee, along with payment set up, secures your spot in the class. Please visit our online registration page to sign up.
Q: What is the Annual Registration Fee?
A: The Annual Registration Fee is a fee for each gymnast registering in our programs (does not apply to summer camp). This non-refundable fee is paid at the time of registration in the amount of $95.00 for Rhythmic Inspirations Program, $175.00 for Rhythmic Dreams Program and $200 for Rhythmic Stars Program. The Annual Registration Fees cover a training tank top and shorts for first time Rhythmic Inspirations registrants, insurance, membership with the BC Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation and Membership with Adagio Rhythmic Academy.
Q: How do I know which class to register in?
A: The staff at the Adagio Rhythmic Academy will help you determine the best class for your daughter. Class placements are determined by age, ability and experience.
• Rhythmic Inspirations – ages 4.5-10, recreational classes
• Rhythmic Dreams – ages 8-12, competitive classes (audition only)
• Rhythmic Stars– ages 10-18, competitive Western/National/International training (audition only)
• For more information on the classes offered at Adagio Rhythmic Academy, please visit our Classes page.
Q: Can you explain the details surrounding the tuition fees?
A: All of the tuition fees for our Classes are monthly and include tax. All of the tuition fees for Summer Camp are weekly and include tax and all of the tuition fees for Private Lessons are hourly and include taxes. In addition all of the purchases from the online store also include taxes. The tuition fees for classes during the September – June (10 month season) are charged to your credit card on the first of the each month. There is also the option to make 2 payments ( 5 months each) or 1 lump sum payment for the full 10 months. The Summer Camp and Private Lesson Payments will be charged to your credit card upon registration.
Q: How long is the Rhythmic Gymnastics Season?
A: Our season runs from September to June, with two weeks off at Christmas and 1 week off at Spring Break. It is expected upon enrolling with the Adagio Rhythmic Academy, that students are prepared to make a commitment to their rhythmic gymnastics training for the next 10 months.
Q: What Events will my daughter participate in during the 10 month season?
A: Your daughter will commit to participation in the following Events based on her program:
• Rhythmic Inspirations – Holiday and Year End Shows
• Rhythmic Dreams – Holiday and Year End Shows, Zones, Provincials and Millennium Cup
• Rhythmic Stars– Holiday and Year End Shows, 2-3 Invitational’s, Zones, Provincials, Westerns, Millennium Cup as well as Elite Canada for Juniors and Seniors and Nationals for qualifying Novices, Juniors and Seniors as well as 1-2 International Competitions/Camps
• For more details on each of the events at Adagio Rhythmic Academy, please visit our Events page
Q: What do I wear to gymnastics class and where can I buy the appropriate attire and equipment for my training?
A: Adagio Rhythmic Academy does implement a dress code for all students in all classes. Upon registration, a copy of the Adagio Rhythmic Academy dress code, list of team wear and equipment needs will given to each family. Team uniforms and equipment can be purchased through the club – please visit the online store for all of your uniform and equipment needs. The team training uniform can also be purchased from :
• Ivivva – 2123 4th Ave W, Vancouver, BC V6K 1N7
Q: Will I need to purchase a costume?
A: Yes, all of our Rhythmic Dreams and Rhythmic Stars athletes will (at the minimum) participate in our holiday and year-end show, held each year in Dec and June respectively as well as Zones and Millennium Cup. A $50 costume deposit is collected at the time of registration and will be put towards the costume. Please expect to pay between $150-$250 for your daughter’s required costume for the season.
Q: What are the additional costs associated with being an Adagio Rhythmic Academy team member?
A: Here is a general list of the team equipment and uniform requirements according to Program/Level
· Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show
· Level 1 – Team Uniform, Team Costume, Rope, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 2 – Team Uniform, Team Costume, Rope, Ball, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 3 – Team Uniform, Team Costume, Individual Costume (optional), Ball, Hoop, Hoop Tape, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 3B – 6B Westerns Steam – Team Uniform, Individual Costume (2-3), Required Equipment (depends on Level), Toe Slippers, Competition Music ($50 per routine), Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees, Travel Expenses and Delegation Fees for Competitions outside of Lower Mainland.
· National Novice, Junior and Senior – Team Uniform, Individual Costume (3-4), Required Equipment (depends on Level), Toe Slippers, Competition Music ($50 per routine), Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees, Travel Expenses and Delegation Fees for Competitions outside of the Lower Mainland.