Ashley trained and competed as a Provincial and then National level Rhythmic Gymnast in Canada for 10 years. With both extensive Group and Individual experience, as well as several years of Ballet, Jazz and Contemporary Dance training at Arts Umbrella Ashley brings a very creative and broad understanding of movement in her approach to coaching and choreography.
In addition, over the years, Ashley has studied intensively in the related disciplines of Yoga and Flexibility and Strength Training. As a result, she is able to assess, target weaknesses and improve flexibility and strength in a systematic, safe and therapeutic way with her athletes. Ashley has been coaching Rhythmic Gymnastics, flexibility and, strength training for 18 years and has produced many Western Canadian and BC Provincial Event and All Around Champions.
Parents and athletes alike agree that Ashley has a talent for making rhythmic gymnastics training exciting, enjoyable and rewarding, whether it’s a newcomer picking up a rhythmic ribbon for the first time or a well seasoned National Senior relying of her to coach her through a championship event. Her clarity, positivity and her sense of engagement inspires great confidence and a joyful sporting attitude in all the athletes she works with.
- BC Novice Individual Provincial Champion (1990)
- Canadian Champion, Junior Group (1993)
- Western Regional Champion, Junior Group (1993-94)
- BC Canada Winter Games Team (1994)
- National Level Individual Competitor (1990-96)
- National Coaching Certification Program, Level 2 Certified (2005)
- BC Provincial Level Judge
- Competition Coach for all Club Adagio and International Academy gymnasts
- Graduated from UBC with a Major in History (2007)
- Designer and Decorator of competitive bodysuits worn by atheltes at numerous International Grand Prix, World Cup, World Championships and the Olympic Games (2005-2010)
- Personal Coach of numerous BC and Western Regional Champions
- Coaching Assoicition of Canada NCCP Level 3 Certified (2012)