If you have a question that is not answered on this page, please call us at 604-261-2752 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Q: Are all the gymnasts featured on your website Adagio Rhythmic Academy students?
A: All of the photos on our website feature Adagio Rhythmic Academy students past and present. Photo credit’s go to Daniel Palhegyi, Promovision, Ivivva, GraceClick, Mario Lam and John Arnold
Q: What makes Rhythmic Gymnastics special?
A: Rhythmic Gymnastics is a sport which borders on art. Rhythmic training gives it’s athletes the poise of a ballerina, the strength of a gymnast as well as the confidence gained by performing for an audience with the unique challenge of working with hand held apparatus. During her time training at Adagio Rhythmic Academy your daughter will gain strength, coordination and flexibility, learn acrobatics, develop a strong sense of rhythm and musicality, become familiar with various styles of dance, and become acquainted with the apparatus (rope, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon).
Q: What is the minimum age to enroll in classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy?
A: Classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy are for students aged 4.5-18. Our youngest gymnasts must turn 5 by December 31st of the current year to be able to enroll in classes. Adult and boys classes are not available at this time.
Q: How do I register for classes at Adagio Rhythmic Academy?
A: Gymnasts aged 4.5-8 years may register for the “Rhythmic Inspiration” Programs either online or by calling 604.261.2752. All gymnasts aged 6 years and up who have prior experience in Rhythmic Gymnastics, Dance or Gymnastics may contact us for an assessment for placement within the Adagio Rhythmic Academy training programs prior to formal registration. A non-refundable Annual Registration Fee will be collected at the time of registration. This registration fee, along with payment set up, secures your spot in the class. Please visit our online registration page to sign up.
Q: What is the Annual Registration Fee?
A: The base Annual Registration Fee is a fee for each gymnast registering in our programs (does not apply to summer camp registrants). This one time per season fee is paid at the time of registration in the amount of $145.00 for all level of gymnasts from Adagio’s beginner recreational levels through Adagio’s various competitive levels. For our top tier Competitive Team – “Rhythmic Stars” who are training at the Provincial/Western Stream Level or National Level of training (all Rhythmic Stars classes), there is an additional Annual Fee amount of $65.00 that will also be processed at the time of registration for each new season. Please note that the Annual Registration Fee is a NON REFUNDABLE, annual fee that covers membership and insurance as active members of Adagio Rhythmic Academy, BC Rhythmic Sportive Gymnastics Federation and Gymnastics Canada Gymnastique.
Q: How do I know which class to register in?
A: The staff at the Adagio Rhythmic Academy will help you determine the best class for your daughter. Class placements are determined by age, ability and experience.
• Rhythmic Inspirations – ages 4.5-10, recreational classes
• Rhythmic Dreams – ages 6-12, competitive classes (audition only)
• Rhythmic Stars– ages 9-18, competitive Western/National/International training (audition only)
• For more information on the classes offered at Adagio Rhythmic Academy, please visit our Classes page.
Q: How long is the Rhythmic Gymnastics Season?
A: Our season runs from September to June, with two weeks off at Christmas and 1 week off at Spring Break. It is expected upon enrolling with the Adagio Rhythmic Academy, that students are prepared to make a commitment to their rhythmic gymnastics training for the next 10 months.
Q: What Events will my daughter participate in during the 10 month season?
A: Your daughter will commit to participation in the following Events based on her program:
• Rhythmic Inspirations – Holiday “in class” performance for parent viewing and taking part in Adagio’ Year End Show when all gymnasts perform
• Rhythmic Dreams – Holiday and Year End Shows, normally two competitions per season between April and June
• Rhythmic Stars– Holiday and Year End Shows, 2-3 Invitational’s, Provincials, Westerns, Millennium Cup as well as Elite Canada for qualified last year Novices, Juniors and Seniors and any other international assignments that our gymnasts receive invitations to attend.
Q: What do I wear to gymnastics class and where can I buy the appropriate attire and equipment for my training?
A: Adagio Rhythmic Academy does implement a dress code for all students in all classes. New students do receive a free 2 piece training uniform consisting of Venturelli tank top and capri length bottoms. Adagio Team Jackets are available for purchase $150.00 + gst and is part of the club uniform for all “Competitive Level Team Members”. Contact office for info on placing order email@example.com
Q: Will I need to purchase a costume?
A: The recreational level Rhythmic Inspirations do not need to purchase a costume. But for all of our Rhythmic Dreams gymnasts who take part in both shows and competitions, will need to rent a costume for the season for a cost of $75.00 per year. All Rhythmic Stars competitive levels will purchase their own costumes custom made (in consultation with your coach) or by purchasing a second hand costume at club sales or on line. These costumes range in price normally from $150.00 to $700.00 (depending upon how elaborate it is or if custom made or second hand).
Q: What are the additional costs associated with being an Adagio Rhythmic Academy team member?
A: Here is a general list of the team equipment and uniform requirements according to Program/Level
· Toe Slippers, replacement of club training uniform when outgrown, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show
· Level 1 – Team Uniform, Team Costume – rental, Rope, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 2 – Team Uniform, Team Costume, Rope, Ball, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 3 – Team Uniform, Individual Costume, Ball, Hoop, Hoop Tape, Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees
· Level 3B – 6B Westerns Steam – Team Uniform, Individual Costume (2-3), Required Equipment (depends on Level), Toe Slippers, Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees, Travel Expenses and Delegation Fees for Competitions outside of Lower Mainland.
· National Novice, Junior and Senior – Team Uniform, Individual Costume (3-4), Required Equipment (depends on Level), Toe Slippers, Competition Music ($50 per routine), Tickets for Family and Friends to Holiday and Year End Show, Competition Entry Fees, Travel Expenses and Delegation Fees for Competitions outside of the Lower Mainland.